Sunday 14 August 2016

WAKE ME

WAKE ME

 

“Just so you know, my weird mind wanders, and my brave heart breaks. 
I’ve nailed some milestones, but I make mistakes. Because I’ve got more faults than a map of California earthquakes.
 I’m taking a nap beneath your covers.
 Wake me if you like me, wake me if you want me.
 Wake me if you need another poem.
 Your once and future lover has made himself at home.”

“She told me that she shouldn’t have let me get so attached to her; that this whole thing was a mistake, but, how can it be a mistake that I don’t have to wash my hands after I touched her?
 Love is not a mistake, and it’s killing me that she can run away from this and I just can’t. 
I can’t – I can’t go out and find someone new because I always think of her. 
Usually, when I obsess over things, I see germs sneaking into my skin. 
I see myself crushed by an endless succession of cars…
And she was the first beautiful thing I ever got stuck on.”

No comments:

Post a Comment